Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Triple Citrus Margarita


Ok so as some of you may have noticed, V&B is now on Twitter.

Which is probably no big deal to you, but for me... huge.

You see, I don't tweet.  Or at least I didn't until last week.  Because I know nothing about it. 

And to be honest, I still don't really get it.  But I'm learning.

I signed up and then I was like.... ok now what?

I had to actually utilize the help section to see what I was supposed to even be doing.

I had to actually Google things like "RT" and "#FF" to see what those abbreviations meant.

Sad, I know.

My husband has a running comment about my blogging habits, where if I am on the computer for a while he'll ask if I'm 'vittling and bitting.'

Well last week I think I spent more time twittling than vittling.

Maybe it's karma for making fun of my dad, who for many years did not understand how to text message.

(FYI, he got over it, and now he goes crazy with the texts - "Enjoy ur weekendz, love 2 u both" was a text he sent to me & Mr. V last week.  Umm... what?)

Or maybe it's karma for laughing hysterically at my grandmother Yaya Vittles, who was about to open a large box from her children at Christmas and actually prayed "Please, Lord, don't let it be a computer - I'm too old to learn anything new."  (It was a CD player, not a computer).

And here I am...puzzled over Twitter.

Karma's a b*#$@^ isn't it?

At times like these, what really helps soothe the nerves is a nice adult beverage.

I'm actually not much of a drinker, however I am a sucker for margaritas.  One night a few weeks ago we were out with some friends and the margarita I ordered came with an orange slice in it.

It was delicious.

So when I found a margarita recipe a few days later that had not only a splash of OJ but also limoncello in it (why do you think I had limoncello available to make my strawberry shortcakes??) I was definitely intrigued.

I had to pick up a few items from the store, but I couldn't wait to make it.  And let me tell you, I was not disappointed. 

I tweaked the recipe to my taste, but the limoncello & orange juice are definitely a nice twist.  And although Mr. V doesn't typically like mixed drinks, he was surprised at how good this was.

A couple of these and... Twitter who?

Triple Citrus Margarita

  • 3 oz. fresh lime juice (about 3 medium limes)
  • 2 oz. limoncello
  • 3 oz. triple sec
  • 1/2 C. 100% agave tequila
  • splash orange juice
  • 1 to 2 t. agave nectar (optional)
  • salt & lime zest of 1 lime, for garnishing rim of glasses (optional)

Set out two serving glasses.  If using zest, zest one of the limes and mix zest with salt on a small plate.  Cut a slice from the lime, and slit segment horizontally- place over rim of one of the glasses, and run around the edge.  Dip rim of glass into salt & zest mixture.  Repeat with other glass.

Place ice in cocktail shaker.  Add fresh lime juice, limoncello, triple sec, tequila, agave nectar (if using) and orange juice and shake to combine.   Serve in glasses straight up (or on the rocks), garnished with orange and/or lime slices if desired.  Serves 2.

Recipe Inspired by Gourmantine

22 comments:

  1. I think I would need at least 5 of these margaritas to gain the bravery to begin twittering. Although I do have a giant bottle of limoncello in the freezer so maybe this is fate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was giggling all the way through this post. :0 Boy did I feel the same way when I started my twitter account. The whole thing is very odd, but it's great exposer for anyones business. Or blog in my case. Shesh, I should have sent you an e-mail with this long message. I'm feeling very parched! The drink looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you! i am also new to twitter and totally lost. I barely remember to put up links to my new posts there :) I am following you now & can't wait to see what you tweet! :)

    The margaritas look very refreshing... you had me at TRIPLE citrus! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the addition of limoncello to this! I love margaritas...they're one of my major weaknesses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "M" cocktails are my favorite... margaritas, mojitos, and martinis! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this margarita!! We made limoncello and I've been adding it to everything I can think of, but hadn't thought of the margarita. Excellent idea!
    Your post made me laugh out loud! I too entered the twitter world a few months ago and was mystified, just like you. It takes a bit, but you'll get the hang of it. I was totally lost on the first friday with the #FF's, but now I really look forward to them and find so many new people!
    I had to laugh about your Dad texting too... my mom has entered the texting world as well and I got a "brb" (be right back) last week. How did she learn that one?? She also says gr8! It cracks me up.
    Saw your photos on foodgawker... it's the nicest in the whole limoncello section! WEll done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahhahaaa..I was the same way, good that we have google:)))) I still don't know half of the things! Margarita looks wonderful, and I did say before I am not big on drinks(every few years one) but you made it very good!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim, not just you... I'm the same. I have a twitter account, but I barely use. I just don't know how to respond in certain way. As I get older, I'm less willing to learn new things. But I love facebook though. It's a lot easier to use, or is it because I'm used to it now? I remember I struggled till I got used to it. Hm. Anyway, your margarita looks so delicious and beautiful! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, love a new cocktail recipe and love margaritas. Following your blog now!

    -Rachel B.
    http://rachelbcooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a Twitter account but have no idea what I'm doing. Thank heavens for the automatic tweets from my facebook fan page!

    I love margaritas, too...and now I know what to do with my bottle of limoncello :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been on Twitter for years, and I'll be darned if I can figure it out either. Blogger makes it easy. I post, hit the Twitter icon, and go on my merry way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As you can see you're not alone in the "don't know what the heck I'm doing" Twitter world. Your Margarita is off the chain!! Now I have an excuse to buy/make Limoncello.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Maggie! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the recipe. I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice and delicious drink, I love tequila shots, they always put me in a great mood.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. Best Margarita machine
    Margarita machine
    Slushie machine
    Best margarita maker
    Margarita drinks
    Best buy margarita machine
    Best margarita blender
    Best frozen drink machine
    Frozen drink maker
    Best commercial margarita machine

    ReplyDelete
  17. TJ’s Good Times, Inc. have the biggest and the best selection of party bus, bounce house, water slides, margarita machine, and tent rentals in DFW Texas area. We deliver party rental supplies in Dallas, Cleburne, Alvarado, Burleson, Midlothian, Maypearl, Crowley, Godley, Joshua, Lillian, Granbury, Fort Worth, and Southlake. Our best bounce house service, best party bus USA, water slides, margarita machine, and tent rentals are a great way to boost the fun level at any event, especially birthday and corporate events.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. find the best Margarita Machine Rental in Allen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

If you have a question or problem you can also feel free to email me at vittlesandbits@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...